In a breakfast rut? Start your day with some yummy granola – with milk or toss it on top of some fruit and yogurt. In this GRAIN FREE recipe, lemon is the star and takes this granola on a departure from your standard, almost too familiar, cinnamon-type granola. It makes for a great snack, and a topping for ice cream too!
It only takes a few minutes to mix together, and then about an hour in a low-temperature oven. You can choose other nuts and seeds, if you prefer something a little different!
Grain + Gluten Free Lemon Cranberry Chia Granola
Always double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status before using!
If cross contamination is a concern,click HERE to view products from my favorite spice company that are organic and gluten free!
Curious about ingredients used in this recipe? Click here for info and sources!
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (slivered works well)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest (or dried lemon peel)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Place the coconut, nuts and seeds in a blender or food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to mix well.
- Spread the granola out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour. It should be a little golden on top. If not, let it bake another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool - don't do any stirring or anything just yet.
- When completely cooled, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.