Forget boxed stuffing for your holiday table, but don’t forget this stuffing! Super easy to make and you probably don’t need to mention it’s gluten free because it tastes like the real thing. You can make the Fast Focaccia a day ahead of time since stale/toasted bread works just fine in the recipe. If you need a dairy free option, make the Hamburger Buns ( just pour the batter into one mound on a cookie sheet), cool and cut into cubes.
Gluten Free Traditional Stuffing
Always double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status before using!
If cross contamination is a concern,click HERE to check out my favorite organic and gluten free spice company!
Need more info on ingredients? Click HERE to learn more about them and get tips on how to find them at reasonable prices.
- 1 Recipe Fast Focaccia or 5 Cups Gluten Free Bread Cubes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sage
- 4 teaspoons Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup each Onion, Celery and Mushrooms, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Cut prepared fast focaccia (or other GF bread) into cubes. Let the bread dry out by toasting the cubes in the oven.
- Combine the herbs, salt and pepper and sprinkle on bread cubes.
- Saute onion, celery and mushrooms in oil until soft.
- Combine the vegetables and the breadcrumb mixture and place in baking pan.
- Pour chicken broth over stuffing and gently stir to distribute broth to all bread cubes.
- Bake 20 minutes and serve.
Add 30 minutes to the total time if you need to make the Fast Focaccia.
If you need a dairy free option, make the Hamburger Buns (just pour the batter into a mound on a cookie sheet), cool and cut into cubes.
For vegan/vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.