After posting Creating Your Own Gluten Free Spice Blends, I put the awesome chart to task and made some snack mixes. For this one, I used coconut oil to give it an even better Thai profile. Super easy to make and with all my snack mixes, a great way to use up gluten free bread that may have gotten a little dry (as most of them tend to do quickly!). Don’t have any bread? Try my Hamburger Bun recipe – and just spread the batter onto a sheet without the forms, let it cool, then cut it into cubes. If a little dairy is OK with you, try My Fast Focaccia recipe (the bread I used in the picture), which can be ready in 30 minutes and will give you plenty of bread cubes – that is, if the bread isn’t eaten fresh out of the oven first!
Gluten Free Spicy Thai Snack Mix
Always double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status before using!
If cross contamination is a concern,click HERE to check out my favorite organic and gluten free spice company!
Need more info on ingredients? Click HERE to learn more about them and get tips on how to find them at reasonable prices.
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Bread Cubes (or Fast Focaccia or Hamburger Buns)
- 2/3 Cup Nuts (Cashews, Almonds, etc)
- 1/3 Cup Seeds (Pepitas and/or Sunflower)
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos (or GF Soy Sauce/Tamari)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes, nuts and seeds in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour sauce mix onto the breadcrumbs and toss to coat, making sure the sauce gets distributed evenly on all of the cubes.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, checking on the cubes and stirring them around every 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven when the cubes are hard and crunchy. Let cool.
- Store mix in an airtight container and use up in a few days.
Cubes cut into 1/2" pieces work best - and will crisp up quicker.
If the cubes lose a little of their crispiness while in the storage container, just heat up in the oven for a few minutes to restore the crunch.