As a gluten-free for life person, I really missed noodles. Making them may seem like a daunting task, but these are quick and easy to make! We like to put them in soup, cover them in pesto or just eat them with butter and cheese. Pure comfort! The noodles pictured are in the Smoky Beef Soup recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolks
- Boil 2 quarts of water and a tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Whisk eggs and yolks together, add flours and salt, then combine thoroughly, kneading with clean hands until a smooth, soft dough ball forms.
- On a surface dusted with tapioca flour, roll dough into a rope 1” or less in thickness, depending on your preference.
- Cut pieces off the rope, about 1/2” thick and drop into boiling water.
- If dough is too sticky to roll, add a little more tapioca flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a desirable and workable thickness (about 1/4” thick works well).
- Peel back top piece of parchment, then carefully cut into strips to your desired width and length with a sharp knife.
- Peel noodles from parchment and drop into boiling water.
Cook the Noodles
- Cook dumplings/noodles for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure noodles are not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove from water and serve with your favorite soup or sauce.