When was the last time you enjoyed a soft, warm breadstick from Olive Garden? That’s what I thought. When a friend asked my daughter on a scale from 1 to 10 where these rated, my daughter rated it a 9. When asked why not a 10, she exclaimed, “Because they are not unlimited!” The “hardest” part of making these are learning how to set up the form for the pan (easy to follow instructions are below), but do it once, and it won’t be a big deal anymore. With that said, please note as with many gluten free bread items, they are best when eaten the same day, because they tend to dry out over time. So, small batches may work best for you – unless you freeze them, which works really well too! If you have leftovers or forget to freeze them, just cut them up and make Croutons, Honey Mustard Pretzel Bites or snack mixes. To get that shape, see the photo instructions below the recipe on how to set everything up.
Gluten Free Garlic Breadsticks
Always double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status before using!
If cross contamination is a concern,click HERE to check out my favorite organic and gluten free spice company!
Need more info on ingredients? Click HERE to learn more about them and get tips on how to find them at reasonable prices.
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Very Warm Water
- 2 teaspoons Instant Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare the parchment form: Cut a piece of parchment 15" x 8." (See photo instructions below or in the blog post for an easy to follow visual). Fold parchment in half (bring the shorter ends together and crease). Lay flat, pinch about 1/2" upwards on that crease, then fold back and forth to form the first "wall." Repeat this every inch or so until you have four cavities to put the dough into.
- Place the form on a on a cookie sheet. A quarter sheet pan works great for this but just about any standard sized pan can work.
- Combine honey, water and yeast. Set aside and let it get bubbly and fluffy.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, egg whites and oil. Set aside.
- In larger bowl, combine the flours and salt, breaking up any clumps.
- Pour the yeast and egg mixtures into the flour mixture and stir until well combined. the dough will be more like a batter - pourable, but not runny.
- Carefully spoon the batter equally into each of the cavities in the parchment form.
- Let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- If the dough pushes the outer walls out of place, set something heavy and ovenproof on the edges just beside the outer walls (a ramekin works well) to hold them in place while baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the garlic drizzle ingredients and drizzle or brush over hot breadsticks and serve!
These freeze and reheat incredibly well. Put into a plastic freezer zip bag and freeze. When you are ready to eat it, just place it in a hot oven for about 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Photo instructions for folding the form