I had the pleasure of working side-by-side with Michelle at Totality Living Well at the Gluten & Allergen Free Event in Knoxville, where we did a segment on fast and fun sweets. I demonstrated the ease of Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough and Michelle made this recipe to make sure we had all of the chocolate lovers covered. The addition of coffee and spices give these some incredible depth, and are a perfect fit for autumn! They are super-easy to make and free from gluten, grain, soy, gums and dairy (if you choose a DF chocolate). Yummy!
Gluten Free Fiesta Brownies
ALWAYS double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status (including manufacturer's statements) before using!
If cross contamination is a concern,click HERE to view products from my favorite spice company that are organic and gluten free!
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Nibs
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 4 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coffee
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 9 Strawberries
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the cocoa nibs in a single layer on a baking sheet, then toast for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Line an 8 x 8 x 2 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat the coconut oil and chocolate over low heat until melted, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, spices, coffee and coconut sugar mix to incorporate.
- Add melted chocolate and oil and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of the toasted cocoa nibs.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread to fit the dish. Sprinkle the remaining cocoa nibs over the batter in an even layer.
- Bake the brownie for 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle and check for it to come out mostly clean.
- Let the brownies cool.
- Dust the top with a little cinnamon and garnish with the sliced strawberries, then cut & serve!