Say goodbye to boring gluten free snacks. This one tastes JUST LIKE PEPPERONI PIZZA – without that strange aftertaste of your average, processed and packaged GF snack. Snack mixes are the perfect way to use up day-old gluten free bread that is just a bit to dry to enjoy as a sandwich. Don’t have any bread but still want to make this pretty quick? Make the Fast Focaccia (yeast free) or Hamburger Buns (dairy free), cut it in cubes and you’re ready to go! The seasoning is dairy, egg and nut free, so if you need to follow any additional protocols, choose your favorite GF bread for that need and make this a tasty addition to your snacks.
Gluten Free Crunchy Pepperoni Pizza Snack Mix
Always double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status before using!
If cross contamination is a concern,click HERE to check out my favorite organic and gluten free spice company!
Need more info on ingredients? Click HERE to learn more about them and get tips on how to find them at reasonable prices.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Bread Crumbs (Fast Focaccia works well)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast (or grated Parmesan, if dairy is OK)
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pepperoni, Minced (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour sauce mix onto the breadcrumbs and toss to coat, making sure the sauce gets distributed evenly on all of the cubes.
- Spread cubes in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, checking on the cubes every 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven when the cubes are hard and crunchy. Let cool.
- Store mix in an airtight container and use up in a few days.
Depending on the bread you use, this recipe can be dairy free, yeast free, nut free or whatever to fit the protocol you are following.