Simply elegant, fantastic flavor and so easy to make, serve this sun dried tomato pomodoro on zucchini noodles (pictured) or your favorite gluten free pasta. It also tastes great cold! It pairs well with that Gluten Free Chicken Marsala in the foreground of the picture. For paleo folks, I imagine ghee could be a good substitute for the butter, but I’ve never tried it!
Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pomodoro Sauce
Always double check your ingredients for Gluten Free status before using!
- 6-8 Fresh Plum Tomatoes*
- 1/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (chopped or julienne cut)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Sliced or Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 8 Leaves Fresh Basil (sliced thin)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Cut the tops off of the fresh tomatoes and give them a quick squeeze to expel most of the seeds, juice and soft inside parts, then chop and set aside.
- Place garlic cloves in a small saucepan with the olive oil. Heat on low and let simmer for a few moments (but don't brown the garlic).
- Add the tomatoes to the garlic and oil and simmer for a few minutes, then add the wine and broth.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced at least by half. If you like a thicker sauce, simmer a little longer.
- Add butter and basil and stir until the butter is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
*Any fresh tomatoes could work if you can't find plum tomatoes.